Welcome to Summer Session
Whether you wish to get ahead with your degree, make up for courses missed, or explore new areas of study, Summer Session can help you earn the credit you need. Designed for SJSU students and community college students alike, Summer Session gives you the opportunity to take classes for college credit during one of three convenient time frames. Several hundred courses are offered from a variety of SJSU colleges and departments.
- June 3, 2019 – July 5, 2019 (five-week)
- June 3, 2019 – August 9, 2019 (ten-week)
- July 8, 2019 – August 9, 2019 (five-week)
- Save Money – The cost of credits at San Jose State University are 50% lower than private institutions in the Bay Area.
- Save Time – SJSU summer courses will help you get ahead in your coursework, will give you a leg-up on your career, and get you in the workforce faster.
- Experience San Jose – One hour south of San Francisco, 30 minutes from the beaches of Santa Cruz, and 15 minutes from Silicon Valley, you will study on a dynamic campus that gives you access to summer outdoor activities, thriving industries, and big-city entertainment.
- Year Round Pell - The Pell Grant funds can be used to cover a portion of the cost of summer courses. To learn more about this benefit, contact an SJSU drop-in financial aid counselor. To take advantage of this, you must be eligible during the current academic year for the Pell Grant and take a minimum of six units. These can all be taken in one summer session or you can take three units in each session. If you have questions on whether you are eligible to use the Pell Grant in the summer or if it is the right financial decision for you, go meet with a drop-in financial aid counselor.